Ultra-running for Mummy’s Star
Most people will have first hand experience the joy of hearing that a loved one is going to have a baby. Sadly most will also know the horror of hearing that a loved one has been diagnosed with cancer. For some, both happen together, meaning specialist support is required throughout and beyond the pregnancy.
Mummy’s Star is the only charity in the UK and Ireland dedicated to supporting women and their families affected by cancer during pregnancy or within 12 months after giving birth (http://www.mummysstar.org/)
I do quite a lot of running, and other than saving me from middle age spread, this is a fantastic opportunity for me to do something positive
- Oldham Way Ultra – a 40 mile route following the boundary of Oldham (Sun 18th Mar 18)
- The Kirklees Way Ultra – a 73 mile overnight race around the Colne, Spen and Holme Valleys (Fri 6th Jul 18)
- Torside Time Trial - a 12 hour endurance event in Longdendale, as many 4 mile loops as possible, aiming for at least 50 miles (Sat 8pm 4th Aug - Sun 8am 5th Aug 18)
- The Gritstone Grind – a 35 mile route from Kidsgrove to Disley nr. Stockport (Sun 9th Sep 18)
- The White Rose Ultra – 60 miles around the Yorkshire wintry countryside (Sat 3rd Nov 18
- FINAL CHALLENGE
Glossop parkrun, with a minimum of 42 warm-up laps, starting from midnight on 15th December - to make a total of 45 miles (coinciding with my 45th birthday).
Running / Walking
Event is completed
This fundraiser has not yet uploaded any gallery images.
with gift aid: £1,268.51
MyDonate is not responsible for the content fundraisers post on their pages, but if you see something you feel is offensive or inappropriate, please let us know