Help support the calais woodyard
Note: we need £5000 for a new truck, the funds displayed aren't accurate to our current status. We need to hit the £12000 mark to make this work!
Raising money for
Donations accepted until 24-10-2017
- For many in the Calais refugee camp, wood is a primary source of fuel for cooking and heat. Over the last six months, many wood burning stoves and rocket stoves have been distributed but they require a constant supply of wood and kindling. We provide wood to everyone in the camp every week, but are in dire need of funds to keep going.
- The wood yard runs by taking donations of waste wood from various different sources and processing it into firewood using a team of volunteers at the Help Refugees warehouse. The process is very labour intensive and runs purely on volunteer help.
What we need
Money that you donate can go toward a range of massively useful things.
- blades: we get through a huge amount of saw blades as many of our saws are running for 8 hours a day 7 days a week! The cost of this adds up quickly.
- tools: our tools and equipment need constant servicing. The intensive job that they are required to do can really take its toll! We need money to replace broken parts and machines, also to buy new equipment to make our processes more efficient.
- vehicles: we have two wood trucks and both are incredibly important to the operation of the yard. At the time of writing, one of the trucks is currently broken down and needs replacing. We need money to maintain these machines and keep them on the road.
- safety equipment: due to the large amounts of volunteers that we use, we need to make the Woodyard as safe as possible. We need a good supply of safety shoes, gloves, goggles and ear defenders.
Running the calais woodyard
Event is completed
This fundraiser has not yet uploaded any gallery images.
No donations received yet.
with gift aid: £19,526.73
MyDonate is not responsible for the content fundraisers post on their pages, but if you see something you feel is offensive or inappropriate, please let us know