Barry -Swim, Bike, Run for Rotary's END POLIO NOW!
Rotary's Global challenge remains to eradicate polio - it's a marathon! Every £100 donated with save approx. 330 children. YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Raising money for
Rotary Club of Ashby de la Zouch
Donations accepted until 01-03-2018
LET'S DROP TO ZERO!
What is polio? A virus that affects all - but children are most susceptible. Polio will kill, but those who survive may be crippled for life. UK National routine immunisation still includes polio vaccination so our children are still at risk. YOU can make a difference by donating - it means you join in with a global team of Rotarians and volunteers to help eradicate polio. PLEASE donate and use Gift Aid.
Please watch the video (see link below) to get a flavour of the enormity of this programme - be inspired!
- in 1985 there were 350,000 global cases per year in 125 countries
- in 2017 there are 20 cases WPV globally so far in two countries
- In 2017 UK Rotarians vaccinated 170 million Indian children in 2 days with oral drops! Read the figures again - this has been taking place each year since 1985
- It is possible to break the virus circulation and so eradicate this disease
- After the last case, the world must have three clear years to say polio is beaten
- We must "Drop to Zero". By using oral drops we aim for zero new cases of paralysis or death from polio - see video below
Barry's Triathlons for End Polio Now
Having completed the London Triathlon 2017 with a surprising PB, I have entered the Bournemouth International Tri for Sept 2017. The 2,000+ members of 76 Rotary Clubs in District 1110 will be able to see my EPN jersey - so please come and support. After the 750mtr sea swim, I will bike 20k down Wessex Way A338 then run 5k across the promenade to Boscombe Pier and back. My Rotary & End Polio Now (EPN) jersey should enhance our image and hopefully alert the South Coast to our cause!
The money you give will be split 80% to EPN and 20% to our local Ashby de la Zouch Rotary Charities.
PLEASE fill in the Gift Aid part of your giving, as this will add 25% to your donation. For the 80% portion going to EPN, The Gates Foundation will double match this donation turning £100 into £375!
NEW - If you are making your donation on behalf of Rotary, I will register 80% of your donation + Gift Aid (if you fill in the form) to the Rotary Foundation 'PolioPlus Fund' for your Club 2017/18 giving. Please state your Rotary Club name, so I can inform TRF UK at Alcester. The only costs of donating on this site are 15p Debit Cards,1.3% Credit Cards. THANK YOU
Event is completed
Find out more
MyDonate is not responsible for the content fundraisers post on their pages, but if you see something you feel is offensive or inappropriate, please let us know