The House of Retreat, Pleshey
1. The retreat leaders suite– reconfigured and ensuite room added;
2. Gatehouse completely refurbished – 1 double and 4 single ensuite bedrooms and a refitted kitchen;
3. The Orangery (new build)– an impressive new meeting room;
4. St Francis Room – a complete refit of this ‘all access’ bedroom, to include a wheelchair user friendly wet-room;
5. Ground floor toilet – a complete redesign and refit to make this an ‘all access’ toilet;
6. New access ramp – allowing wheelchair users and others with restricted mobility to access the house without encountering any steps.
We are now in a position to make further improvements to the House. This will see 10 ensuites added to the majority of 1st floor bedrooms; a refurbished shower room on the 2nd floor; and the addition of a platform lift from the ground to 1st floor.
The work commenced on the 14 November and completes mid-February 2017. The Chelmsford Diocesan Board of Finance have very generously agreed to meet the cost of the main works by advancing the money to the House – this is to be repaid – but we also want to ensure that the rooms are fitted out well.
How might you be able to help?
First, through prayer for the work and the life of the House during this time.
Second, if you are able, please consider a financial gift to the House to help us complete this project. We need everything from bins to coat hooks and furnishings for a bedroom to a new lift so every donation will be gratefully received.
Charity No: 249505
Find out more
How you can help
MyDonate is not responsible for the content fundraisers post on their pages, but if you see something you feel is offensive or inappropriate, please let us know