The Destitution Project
We support refugees, asylum seekers and destitute asylum seekers and their families.
At our drop-in we provide a safe enviornment where those on the margins can find friendship,food,clothes and practical help. Currently, we serve about 150 per session.
We provide help such as:-
* Every visitor is provided with free all day tea, coffee and fruit. Also everyone has free access to many types of bread to take away.*
* Everyone has a free hot meal cooked on the premises.*
* Everyone has access to our free clothes and bedding store*
*The most destitute are provided with a weeks groceries, toiletries and baby items.*
* A caseworker to help and mentor service users*
* A trained triage team to assist our caseworker and provide futher support to our clients and supplementary help to our caseworker*
* Table tennis, pool and football tables*
* English Lessons and many other arts and crafts classes.*
*We have a link with the Octagon Theatre who come and join our clients to rehearse shows *
* We provide instruction in gardening, bike maintenance and mural painting.*
*We provide vital free health checks with the BHA*
* We have a free barber *
Please donate to support our cause.
WE ARE ALL VOLUNTEERS [ except one funded part-time caseworker ].
Everything we provide for our lovely service users is completely FREE and given with good heart and grace by our tireless, wonderful volunteers.
Therefore donations are absolutely crucial to our survival.
Your kindness will go a long way to assisting someone fleeing from persecution.
Be assured, your humanitarian generosity will never be forgotten by those you help.
Charity No: 1109703
How you can help
MyDonate is not responsible for the content fundraisers post on their pages, but if you see something you feel is offensive or inappropriate, please let us know