The Almshouse Association
Services provided include:
- liaison with government to protect almshouse charities from the unintended consequences of legislation and regulation
- telephone and email advice on a daily basis, provision of two benchmark manuals that set out the standards required
- training seminars
- quarterly magazine giving practical information as well as news stories from members.
Almshouses are part of our national heritage; many in fine, listed buildings that need to be preserved and, where possible, modernised internally to provide 21st Century living for today’s residents. At a time when there is a severe shortage of affordable rental accommodation, the role of these charities and The Almshouse Association is more vital than ever. Residents retain their dignity, freedom and independence and can live their lives safely, securely and often closer to their families than otherwise might be possible. We need your help in meeting these objectives.
Becoming an Associate Member of The Almshouse Association is an effective and affordable means of supporting us by providing consistent income for the Charity.
Choose from two levels of Associate Membership:
- Annual Subscription for £100
- Lifetime Membership for a one-off donation of £500.
Charity No: 245668
How you can help
MyDonate is not responsible for the content fundraisers post on their pages, but if you see something you feel is offensive or inappropriate, please let us know