Postural Tachycardia Syndrome (PoTS) can be a life altering and debilitating chronic health condition. The simple act of standing can be a challenge for people with PoTS as their body is unable to adjust to the pull of gravity when upright. PoTS is characterised by orthostatic intolerance (the development of symptoms when upright that are relieved by lying down). Symptoms include headaches, fatigue, palpitations, sweating, nausea, fainting and dizziness and are associated with an increase in heart rate from the lying to upright position of greater than 30 beats per minute, or a heart rate of greater than 120 beats per minute within 10 minutes of standing.
PoTS UK aims to :
• To support patients in obtaining a diagnosis and treatment.
• Provide evidence based information to patients, carers and heath-care workers.
• Facilitate mutual support via a Facebook forum.
• Co-ordinate research projects
• Promote awareness
• Raise funds to support these aims.
Find out more