- Pageant helps schools, students and village communities in The Gambia, West Africa.
- Our sponsorship scheme provides funding for students from poor families to complete their education.
- Pageant supplies schools with donated educational items, and helps to fund construction projects.
- Pageant works with village communities, promoting adult literacy, providing micro-loans for village women to start their own businesses and assisting in the fight against malaria.
- Pageant runs workshops for Gambian science teachers to improve the teaching of practical science.
Pageant is a small UK-registered Charity, providing urgently needed help for education in The Gambia. We rely on donations both of money and equipment. 100% of donations goes to fund our projects, as our members' annual subscriptions are used to pay for our running costs.
The Gambia is a small poor country. Though it has a well-developed tourist industry, back from the beach and up-river many people live on very low incomes. The Gambian state provides free primary education, but costs rise for secondary schooling and all students must provide their own uniform, books, writing materials etc. Around 30% of Gambian children never go to school because their families are too poor to pay and many more drop out after Primary school. Our sponsorship scheme enables many poor children to complete their education. Gambian schools often lack basic facilities, so Pageant helps by sending out donated furniture and educational items, and by funding equipment and building improvements.
Charity No: 1093963
Find out more
How you can help
MyDonate is not responsible for the content fundraisers post on their pages, but if you see something you feel is offensive or inappropriate, please let us know