Oxford Diocesan Council for the Deaf
ODCD aims to promote the spiritual, social and general well-being of people who are deaf or hard of hearing in the diocese of Oxford (which covers Oxon, Berks and Bucks).What we do;
- Advise local churches on the needs of complying with the Disability Discrimination Act with regards to hearing loss. This includes giving a small grant towards a loop system in some churches.
- Run a Volunteer Befriending scheme where people visit isolated deaf people in their homes or go on outings together.
- Promotes pastoral support
- Holding regular church services at 8 different venues which are accessible for people with hearing loss
- Raising Deaf Awareness in communities
- Has a team of 3 chaplains to carry out ministry
Charity No: 203428
Find out more
How you can help
MyDonate is not responsible for the content fundraisers post on their pages, but if you see something you feel is offensive or inappropriate, please let us know