Off The Record
OTR isn't just a charity providing mental health services. OTR is a mental health movement, mobilised to support, promote and defend the mental health, rights and social position of young people!
We run various projects and groups across Bristol and South Gloucestershire. These have been designed with the help of young people, and all of them are delivered by a team of super-friendly staff and volunteers.
“My time here has completely changed my life in so many positive ways. Walking in every week met by warm and kind people has made me feel so at home. Leaving now feels like saying goodbye to an old friend”
Our approach is grounded in a set of beliefs and assumptions about mental health we think it’s important to be transparent about.
- We believe that mental health is social and political as well as personal.
- We build our team from diverse backgrounds, experiences and disciplines.
- We believe that relationships are what make the difference.
- We believe in the power of networks and collaboration in our approach.
- We believe enabling young people starts with recognising their capabilities before their vulnerabilities.
- We believe participatory services are more sustainable than transactional ones, so young people play a large and active role designing, delivering and communicating our work, and not just consuming it.
- We believe what we do should be a vocation - and we love what we do!
Charity No: 1085351
Find out more
How you can help
MyDonate is not responsible for the content fundraisers post on their pages, but if you see something you feel is offensive or inappropriate, please let us know