Microtia UK is a new charity providing help to children and adults who are affected by this rare condition that causes ear development and hearing issues. Formed by 3 mums from our facebook support group, Microtia Mingle, who are dedicated in raising awaress for this condition.
How would Microtia UK use your donation?
• Produce more information leaflets (e.g. aimed specifically at schools)
• Help campaign for mandatory provision by NHS of BAHA soft bands (hearing aids) for children with microtia as currently a post code lottery
• Organise events for experts to present on chosen topics to the microtia community and continue to arrange microtia community mingles
• Improve psychological support
• Help sponsor new technologies to improve hearing solutions as current hearing aids have various issues .
• Contribute towards the development of better reconstructive techniques as the current methods have many draw backs including painful operations and discomfort.
Charity No: 1158688
Find out more
How you can help
MyDonate is not responsible for the content fundraisers post on their pages, but if you see something you feel is offensive or inappropriate, please let us know