Glasgow Steiner Community
Steiner (Waldorf) Education is one of the fastest growing alternative educational models. The principles of this education are based on Rudolf Steiner’s deep insight into child development and are different from the main stream approach in many respects:
1. Balanced development of a whole person at the core of education.
2. Curriculum responding to the developmental needs of children.
3. Connectedness with nature and its rhythms is one of the basic principles of Steiner Education.
4. Artistic activities are viewed as a valuable educational resource.
5. Spirituality and development of moral qualities is at the core of the integrated Steiner curriculum.
6. Community ethos and parents involvement.
Thank you for visiting our profile page on MyDonate.
In March 2013 the Glasgow Steiner School went on fire and subsequently went out of business. But now after a long struggle we're back! The Glasgow Rudolf Steiner School will be operational by October 2015. We have a long way to go but at last we have Steiner Education for children again in Glasgow.
Our hunt for suitable premises that would bring our Parent & Toddler group, the Steiner Seedlings Kindergarten and our School under one roof is uppermost in our plans at the moment as well as doing all we can to build a sustainable model.
Help us to continue this journey, donate now to support our cause.
Charity No: SC045314
Find out more
How you can help
MyDonate is not responsible for the content fundraisers post on their pages, but if you see something you feel is offensive or inappropriate, please let us know