GEN works primarily through its Indian partner End Poverty (EP) in education, livelihood and village development for a group of 50 impoverished agricultural villages in Tijara, Alwar District, Rajasthan India. We respond to villagers expressed needs in:
- Womens education especially for those teenagers who never went to school. 1700 adolescent girls have benefitted
- Livelihood development for women particularly handicraft production and marketing- now there are 10 informal centres and over 80 seamstresses
- Village Development Groups – improving village life and farming activities. They help villagers to identify problems areas, assess priorities, and take action to tackle them.
- Plant a Tree for Life encouraging farmers to diversify traditional farming practices to include small orchards. So far since 2014 over 100,000 saplings have been provided to farmers to this end.
- Dairy development training 400 farmers in ways of improving milk production to meet national standards
Please donate to support our cause.
If you are able to commit to donating regularly you can become a Sustaining Member One of a small group of most trusted regular contributors. Sign up here to a regular donation of say £10 per month or £100 a year. In return we will offer you
- our heartfelt thanks and those of our beneficiaries in India whose lives can be transformed through education and access to a range of the livelihoods projects we support in the Tijara Block
- an Invitation to an annual celebration to hear the latest news about GEN and share a glass of wine!
- regular updates about GEN and its work (we promise not more than once a month) including an annual report and occasional newsletters
- an eye opening opportunity to visit our projects in India and see the work of GEN and End Poverty with guidance from the local team (at your own expense - sorry!)
- a pouch or bag made by one of the women in our handicrafts project
- a sustaining members badge
- an invitation to our walks
Website http://www.gen-initiative.org Facebook https://www.facebook.com/gen.initiative
Charity No: 1101193
Find out more
How you can help
MyDonate is not responsible for the content fundraisers post on their pages, but if you see something you feel is offensive or inappropriate, please let us know