Dundee Art Society
Art Society is a charitable, non-profit-making organisation founded in 1890 as
the “Graphic Arts Association”, the name being changed to Dundee Art Society in
1904. We are one of the oldest Art Societies
in the North-East of Scotland and own our own gallery, where all meetings
and exhibitions are held. .
The Society’s objectives are:
• The promotion, encouragement, advancement and education of the Arts
• To provide a place for artists to meet and learn about the arts in a relaxed
atmosphere, encouraging self'-expression
• To hold and promote public art exhibitions
• To enhance the appreciation and understanding of art .
• To uphold extended relations between Society members practising or interested
in the Arts.
• Liaise with government and other education bodies to promote and sponsor the
arts and the society’s activities
• To promote interaction between
professional artists and interested lay persons
The society conducts an annual
programme that includes three exhibitions (two Members’ Exhibitions and one
Open), evening lectures or demonstrations, painting classes and workshops.
Membership renewal is from 1st
September each year and lapses if it not renewed by 31 December of the same
Charity No: SC002588 SCIO
Find out more
How you can help
MyDonate is not responsible for the content fundraisers post on their pages, but if you see something you feel is offensive or inappropriate, please let us know