Opportunity, Development & Participation
CPISRA’s vision is that “all people who have Cerebral Palsy (CP) or related neurological conditions have the opportunity to benefit from and participate in sport and recreation throughout the World”.
It is estimated that two to three out of every 1000 new born children will develop CP. Approximately 40% of those born with CP will have a severe case. It is the most common motor disorder in children and is second only to autism as the most common disability in children.
Access to sport and recreation opportunities are limited but the benefits are real.
Our aims are to:
· Increase opportunity in sports and recreation around the world
· Help countries to provide CP sporting and recreational opportunities
What we do:
- CP World Games
- International Sports Development Competitions
- Develop adaptive sports (e.g. Boccia, CP Football, RaceRunning etc)
- Exercise, Recreation & Sports Research
- Seminars, Courses & Training
Please help us to continue our work. Thank you.
Charity No: SC030869
Find out more
How you can help
MyDonate is not responsible for the content fundraisers post on their pages, but if you see something you feel is offensive or inappropriate, please let us know