Charlotte Wilson Memorial Fund
Charlotte Wilson was killed in Burundi in December 2000. She had been working as a school teacher in neighbouring Rwanda. The Charlotte Wilson Memorial Fund was set up in early 2001 to support poorer students at the school where Charlotte had been teaching. We have since widened our work to fund other small education, health and peace building projects in Rwanda, Burundi and Congo.
Here are some examples of the work that we have funded in the past:
- bursaries to secondary school students, orphans in particular
- building a new nursery and secondary school science laboratory
- providing educational materials such as books, musical instruments, etc
- raising AIDS awareness through workshops and leaflets
- educating street children and help them reintegrate into society
- peacebuilding projects in Burundi
The funds we raise will help to ensure that such worthwhile work can continue into the future. So please sponsor us now!
Charity No: 1091955
Find out more
MyDonate is not responsible for the content fundraisers post on their pages, but if you see something you feel is offensive or inappropriate, please let us know