CASCAIDr is a new national advice charity, providing specialist legal advice about everyone’s rights to have their needs for care and support decided lawfully, reasonably and fairly.
We aim to empower and support people, their carers and public sector practitioners to resolve disagreements about access to services and the sufficiency of the funds FOR those services.
Most people only seek support or come to rely on social care services and funding in times of crisis. Family members and carers, exhausted by providing dedicated care, rarely have the energy required to navigate referral processes or complaints procedures to secure fair processes and lawful packages of care.
As none of us can know our own future, we all need public sector decision-making to be properly governed by the law and sound legal principles.
CASCAIDr will help:
individuals – that is, service users, carers, relatives, brokers, advocates, appointees, attorneys and deputies
charitable organisations such as providers of care and support, and advocacy organisations with charitable status.
Awaiting GiftAid Certificate.
Donations - large or small - will enable us to provide
* A telephone helpline - 4 days a week - for a booked half hour free ‘steer’ for people who are not sure if they’ve even got a legal problem
* A referral form for people to fill in online, linked to a case management system for efficient record keeping
* Volunteers supported to help people to express all the relevant detail of their predicament, if they are struggling
* Expert advisers who will produce the checklist and letters that are the free output (they are all on one low rate as part of the charity's structure)
* Support and guidance for those who want to crowdfund on CrowdJustice, to bring formal legal proceedings, when needed
CASCAIDr will be run on a shoe-string – no employees, just self-employed advisers and volunteers. We will have some expenses, obviously, but we aim to be one of the lowest cost advice charities around.
We will not take contracts from public bodies whose decisions we may have to challenge, but our Trading Company CASCAIDr Trading Ltd, will provide training to any non-charitable entity at pre-set scale fees.
Charity No: 1175911
Find out more
How you can help
MyDonate is not responsible for the content fundraisers post on their pages, but if you see something you feel is offensive or inappropriate, please let us know