Bluntisham Baptist Church
We are a busy active church and are embarking on an exciting new chapter in it's history. After wide consultation we formulated the Vision for the Next Steps Project;
‘Next Steps’ Vision Statement for the Church Building
- Our vision is for an attractive, God-centred church building that it is primarily a place of worship – an inviting place to meet with God and with each other.
- Our vision is for a building that is accessible to everyone and is welcoming, warm, comfortable and safe.
- Our vision is for the building to be updated to modern standards and be equipped for the future, while remaining sympathetic to its history.
Next Steps Building Project:
In 2010 enhancements were completed to the Church Hall to update facilities. We now aim to take our main church building on a new journey so that it works for our mission and ministry in the twenty-first century. The main entrance, worship area and rear rooms are largely untouched from 1874. Times have changed and maintenance issues have been identified. Doing nothing is no longer an option.
Main constraints are accessibility and problems with the main entrance.
- To rebuild and enlarge the porch , reworking the stairs at the same time.
- To remove the pews, organ and dais and install new heating and sound system, refurbishing the upstairs pews, making the whole church more welcoming, with a sense of arrival, accessible, practical, light and with a sense of space.
- A prayer/quiet room is planned and new office in addition to a large entrance foyer.
- For the rear rooms the plans factor in a flexible use of space, accessible, good storage, new kitchenette, disabled access toilet and small extra room.
Charity No: 1136939
Find out more
How you can help
MyDonate is not responsible for the content fundraisers post on their pages, but if you see something you feel is offensive or inappropriate, please let us know