Bangladeshi Mental Health Forum
The Bangladeshi Mental Health Forum (BMHF) is a grassroot community led mental health charity based in Tower Hamlets. We have the following important objectives:
• raise awareness of mental health; challenge stigma and prejudicial views attached to mental health via events, workshops, awareness campaigns and volunteer led initiatives (e.g. Community Mental Health Champions Project)
• advocate the importance of mental health to our overall wellbeing and to educate the community to view mental health in the same parity as physical health
• facilitate and signpost people to local activities and group (social/physical)
• encourage the community to access local mental health services
• provide one to one and group support
• campaign for better accessibility to mental health services (e.g. highlight the concerns of service users, carers and the community to relevant stakeholders)
Mental Health Facts:
• Mental Health difficulties are very common, affecting about 1 in 4 people
• Tower Hamlets has the 4th highest proportion of people with depression in London
• Estimated 30,000 adults in Tower Hamlets have a symptom of a common mental health problem
We need your support!
The Bangladeshi Mental Health Forum does not receive any ongoing funding from any statutory bodies (e.g. local authorities, health commissioners) or funding bodies/trusts. All the work we currently undertake is purely made possible from support given by public donations and one-off donation support made by NHS mental health trusts for partnership work.
We are a community led initiative (led by volunteers), for our organisation to survive,initiate important community led mental health awareness projects,undertake awareness campaigns, support people to access services,facilitate services,we are appealing to the community to support us. Your donation can make a huge difference to the long term existence of our organisation and more importantly make a significant impact to the mental wellbeing of people in your local community.
If you would like more information on our current projects or have a question about project costings and how donations will be spent, please contact Shamsur Choudhury on email@example.com or visit our website for more information.
Many thanks for your kind support!!
Charity No: 1128579
Find out more
How you can help
MyDonate is not responsible for the content fundraisers post on their pages, but if you see something you feel is offensive or inappropriate, please let us know